Thursday, March 8, 2012

Island Story by Sarah D





I was on myway to meet my family on a ship.  It washuge.  It had a ballroom and a pool atennis court, fancy places to eat and much more.  That night a dangerous storm struck and thecaptain woke me up.” It is no longer safe on this ship, he said.  “Hop into a lifeboat.  You can take ten belongings.  Quickly I gathered a torch, a new set ofclothes, a cell phone, a pad of paper and some pens, a sleeping bag, twobottles of water, a first aid kit, a map, some food a pocket knife and put themin a big bag.  

Then I ran tothe life boat.  I was the first oneon.  A few other people were about to getin as well when the men accidently dropped the life boat!  I was on my own in the middle of the sea inthe middle of the night!  Next morning Iwoke up very early to find the boat had gently stopped because it had bumpedinto something.  I got out and in frontof me was a small island.

I exploredit.  I slept in an empty cave Ifound.  And built a dam in a river,   
to collect drinkingwater, so I could drink from one side and wash in the other.  Next to the river were berries to eat andthere were also fish I caught and coconuts. I made tools with flax, shell and stone for cooking and diggingwith.  I survived   and lived on this island (which I called Nature Island)for half a year before a man called Harris tuned up and tried to take over theisland.





  • This sample shows...
  • I have been learning to...
  • One thing I think that I did well was...
  • One thing I think I can improve on is...

No comments: